Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last day of summer vacation...


Look at me on my own blog again! My older son wanted to practice using the timer on the camera. Which was just as well since I was holding the horses...and no, they're not really as close to the edge as it looks like they are, although plenty close enough. See how Tillie (big bay horse) is standing all hunched up? She didn't like being there very much! What a good girl to trust me!! What always amazes me, is that every time I ride the horses up there, they spend the first several minutes gazing around - I wonder how much they can take in and what they think of it all...

This is how the boys wanted to spend their last day of summer vacation. We hiked/rode up The Pinnacle, which is near our house. This huge ledge at the top of the mountain provides breathtaking views. We go up there a lot, especially when we have guests because it's a relatively short hike with gorgeous scenery, particularly during fall foliage.

2 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

What a very nice photo and how nice to let your son practice on you. I do wonder what all horses view when they look around. Great scenery you have there. MB

Jim Klenke said...

I love the picture, y'all do look close to the edge though. I would be hutched up big time. Great way to spend the last day before school starts.