Monday, August 18, 2008

Juvenile Northern Flicker


I actually took this shot a month ago during our camping trip at Natanis Point in Northwestern Maine. There were 2 of these little guys in our campsite, hopping from tree to tree and around on the ground. They were quite talkative. I was able to get really close to one of them, while he was on the ground. By the time he decided to fly back into the brush, he was so used to me being there, that he actually bumped into me on his way by...It was pretty amazing!!

4 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Neat shot. They fly away from me. I think I have 'bird go away' on me.

Halcyon said...

Wow! I can't believe a bird flew into you. He's a very pretty little guy.

Small City Scenes said...

I like Flickers. They are such busy birds. MB

PJ said...

That's very unusual -- and your encounter with the flicker very serendipitous.