Thursday, April 24, 2008

Water Truck


I don't believe this truck runs anymore. It has been parked in the same place for as long as I can remember, out behind a garage that is located right next to Route 26. I wonder if they actually do keep it running for emergencies though. Today the weather service has issued a Fire Alert. It has been an unusual spring and not much of a mud season, which is strange for this time of year. The snow has melted, but without the rainfall that generally comes in spring. And with the high winds and unseasonably warm weather we have been experiencing, the ground is actually pretty dry. We'll keep our fingers crossed that no one is careless with fire in the next few days....

4 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

How scary that it's so dry in April. Hope it's not a hot, dry summer!

Janet said...

This photo would have been perfect for the water theme day in April. I have never seen a water truck like this before. Interesting. Hope you all get some rain!

Small City Scenes said...

We are having tons of rain if you want some I will send it out your way. You live in a beautiful area with lovely pics for your blog. MB

Anonymous said...

Interesting post about the water truck. I hope our summer is not a repeat of last summer which was dry as a bone.

As for me, well I spent the day, yesterday, up and down, crawling around, bending over, and digging holes and planted 9 new flowers.

I think they looked nice and should look great in a few weeks.