Friday, April 11, 2008

Flags at half-staff...


I saw many flags at half-staff today, but this one was the most striking. It's such a huge flag that when lowered it looks like it's dragging on the ground. It was the first one to really catch my eye and I immediately called my husband on the cell phone to find out why it was lowered. This is the article that he read to me from The Village Soup:

In remembrance and honor of Sgt. Nicholas A. Robertson, Gov. John E. Baldacci directed the United States flag and the State of Maine flag be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset Friday, April 11.

Sgt. Robertson died April 2, as a result of wounds received in Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.

Services for Sgt. Robertson are scheduled for Friday in Brewer.

3 comments:

maz said...

love the way you catched the flag i always find a warm feeling runs thew me when i see a flag hafe mast it like you now somthink has happened

Jim Klenke said...

Im sorry I missed this post on Friday.

Unknown said...

Nicholas was an epic soldier and an even more amazing man. Great photo, thank you for capturing the feeling in our state that day!