Friday, September 26, 2008

Haley


Remember my 'Partner in Crime', Haley? Besides car rides, she LOVES to go trail riding with me. Here she is in the woods, where she runs circles around us, checking out every single scent! You can almost hear her, "Hurry up, will you?!" She wears a perpetual smile.


When we have to travel along a road, I tell her "Heel!" and she tucks herself right in beside Tillie.
When I'm riding Kitch or Lily, she'll actually put her nose right into their tail and walk directly behind. Unfortunately, she had an accident with Tillie last spring and doesn't trust her anymore. I can't blame her and am so proud of her for trusting me enough that she'll travel this closely for safety sake. I would HATE for her to get hit by a car, and if she wouldn't perform this trick for me when I ask for it, then she wouldn't be able to go on these adventures with me anymore. That would just be too sad. Actually, considering her injury last spring, no one can believe that she CAN do these adventures anymore! For an almost 12 year old dog to heal from that severe an injury is almost unheard of - she's quite amazing!!

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Looks like a great partner for your rides.

Small City Scenes said...

Love the ear in the first photo.
Nice travelling partner. MB

Webradio said...

Hello Crittoria !
Is the horse afraid the dog ?

Cute photos, and the nature is pretty...
See You later.