Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nate the Great

My older son decided to dress up for Halloween as the main character from his favorite series of books, Nate the Great, by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. Nate the Great is a detective, so he wears the classic trenchcoat and deerstalker cap. Tomorrow, when they dress up to go 'trick or treating', I'll make sure that Haley gets into the photos. She is going to be 'trick or treating' with him this year, as Nate's trusty sidekick, Sludge, the dog. Nate's favorite snack is pancakes, which he always eats (And shares with Sludge!) before each adventure. The recipe was included in one of the stories, so now, whenever I don't feel like cooking a meal, I just request 'Nate the Great Pancakes' and my son is glad to make them for us!! YUMMY!!

3 comments:

Halcyon said...

I'm sure both of your boys are going to be hits on Halloween night! I hope I get some cuties knocking at my door.

Tanya Breese said...

He looks great! Can't wait to see the 2 of them together :)

Webradio said...

Also very nice !

Good Halloween for Your boys !