Saturday, May 10, 2008

Koneheads


I love the name of this ice cream shop, (Which is actually located in the nearby town of Oxford, not in West Paris.) and have been wanting to post a photo of it all spring. The other day we were driving by and this scene caught my eye. I told the boys, as I slammed on the brakes and careened into the parking lot, (Just kidding!!) that they were just going to have to be patient 'cause I couldn't miss this photo opportunity! The girl said that she rode about 3 1/2 miles to get there.


I know that someone out there is going to question the health of this horse because he is not in "show" condition. I can tell you that he is a very well loved, but very old horse. There is one of those in our family as well, and more than once people have complained about her condition, but at a certain point there's not a whole lot you can do for them. Keeping them active, as this girl is doing, is great for them though! Although, a good grooming wouldn't hurt...

2 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Neat ice cream shop! I hope your boys got a cone while you were "working"!

Anonymous said...

I hope she is well shoed. That is a dead giveaway for some horses.

In any event I do like the picture and hope the horse got a treat too.

I posted a picture of my furry mother for Mother's Day. She was so special we considered her part of our family.